The AChemS Program Committee invites your proposals for Symposia at the 2022 Annual Meeting.
Symposia are the major forum for oral presentations on the latest developments in areas of significance to the chemical senses community. They also introduce new or provocative ideas, technical innovations and growth areas for interdisciplinary or translational science.
This year the AChemS Program Committee is making a renewed effort to include junior investigators and trainees in symposia, including as speakers, organizers, and chairs. Symposia proposals from members at all career stages are welcome, as are creative ways to include participation from members early in their chemosensory research careers. Please consider including trainees as co-chairs, introductory speakers, designated conversation starters, or other roles in addition to serving as a traditional speaker.Symposia will be selected based on:
The deadline for submission of symposia proposals has been extended to September 24, 2021.
- Focus on exciting, newly-emerging areas of research with high-quality and high-impact scientific content
- Selection of topics of broad interest to the chemosensory community
- Inclusion of speaker(s) who may work outside the field of chemical senses and/or are first-time, non-member AChemS attendees
- Promotion of diversity by including participants from underrepresented groups in chemosensory science
- Inclusion of junior investigators or trainees in symposium content and/or development
All symposia will be 120 minutes in length. Symposia should include a designated Chair (or co-Chairs), who must be an AChemS member in good standing. The proposer may serve as Chair but is not required to. Symposium proposals should include up to four (4) invited speakers, which may include the Chair(s), of whom at least one speaker must be a graduate student, postdoctoral fellow or junior faculty member. We encourage the inclusion of up to two speakers who would be first-time attendees to AChemS and/or who may work outside of the chemical senses. The participation of all invited speakers must be confirmed prior to the submission of the proposal. Proposers are encouraged to include elements of format and content that promote the thematic coherence of the symposium, such as content-rich introductions, coordinated introductory and discussion slides within the talks, or well-organized panel discussions.