Here at HOTELS, we’re about one thing with three letters: R-O-I. We’re a publication that speaks to busy hoteliers and developers with no time for social campaigns that don’t actually hold their weight. That’s why, this year, our 7th annual Social Hotel Awards are, more than ever, about demonstrating your return on investment. In other words, show us the money.
Memorable tweets, Instagram Stories, Facebook Live. We want the best of the best that landed your property or brand tangible, demonstrable results. Because watered-down social just won’t cut it.
Use this form to submit your entries, US$39 fee per entry, payable via PayPal or credit card.
Judging criteria this year is based on evolving trends in social media and proof of ROI beyond just "likes." All entries must focus on a particular campaign or category and include:
- Samples of content and brief descriptions of the goals and situation analysis
- Business objectives, including revenue goals and results
- Strategy and tactics used by the hotel or brand
- Detailed description of the value-add
- Links to pages, hosted video or monitoring reports that demonstrate why the campaign succeeded
Winners will be named for both brands and individual hotels in each of the six categories and will receive a digital badge for online display. HOTELS will publish features about the winners – both in an exclusive online series and in a major print story – and list the finalists in each category.
We encourage entries for work created from January 1, 2017, to June 23, 2018.
Entries are due by 11:30 PM US Central Time on June 23, 2018.
An esteemed panel of judges will evaluate entries based on:
- The extent to which campaigns met results or exceeded goals
- Creativity of execution
- Quality of work on the social media platform
- Clarity of the submitted entry in summarizing the program
- How well the online voice and presence of the campaign matches that of the brand or property
Oh, and if your entry wins one of our six Best of the Best (BOB) awards, you’ll also be invited to speak on our fall webinar. And yes, we will be talking SOLID ROI at the webinar, so be prepared to talk hard numbers. We write for serious hoteliers. Show us your best, and best of luck to all!