The Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy is currently recruiting qualified and experienced instructors for 2019. We are seeking those qualified to teach bodywork, science, business, and ethics classes within our 600 and 700 hour programs. All instructors are hired for short-term contracts which are fulfilled in Costa Rica, and require anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks of on-location work time.
Qualifications for instructors are:
- Expert knowledge of coursework.
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience or relevant doctoral level degree with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- NCBTMB, LMT, RMT, CMT, or Certification in other bodywork modality or health care field relevant to classes taught.
- If teaching a bodywork modality, business, or ethics have a successful bodywork practice for at least 3 years.
- Ability to take topic and deliver core competencies in a comprehensive and creative way.
- Able to follow defined curriculum at the prescribed pace in order to present all the information necessary to the students in a logical, practical, and concise manner.
- Unwavering commitment to professionalism.
- Computer access and literacy.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must maintain ethical boundaries and follow CRSMT Instructor Guidelines and Policies.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, a professional demeanor, and an ability to bring a sense of excitement to the classroom.
- Proven and strong leadership abilities. The instructor must be able to create and hold a safe, professional, and inspirational space in the classroom.
- Experience with international travel with the ability to be comfortable and appropriate within different cultures. Spanish language skills are helpful, but not needed.
- Ability to prepare in advance and participate in web-based faculty training prior to participation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Availability to repeat for at least one class per year is required.
- Appreciation for the unpredictable nature of teaching in an outdoor tropical environment and of the technological challenges of working in a second world country.
If you are interested in a teaching position at the Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy, please complete the following information, and upload a current resume including a professional cover letter addressed to Beverley Giroud, Director of Education.