The Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy is currently recruiting qualified and experienced instructors for 2021/2022. We are seeking those qualified to teach bodywork, science, business, and ethics classes within our 600 and 700 hour programs. All instructors are hired for short-term contracts which are fulfilled in Costa Rica, and require anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks of on-location work time.
In order to be considered, applicants must be based in the United States and hold a professional license or certification from a jurisdiction within the United States.
Qualifications for instructors are:
- Expert knowledge of coursework.
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience or relevant doctoral level degree with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- NCBTMB, LMT, RMT, CMT, or Certification in other bodywork modality or health care field relevant to classes taught.
- If teaching a bodywork modality, business, or ethics have a successful bodywork practice for at least 3 years.
- Ability to take topic and deliver core competencies in a comprehensive and creative way.
- Able to follow defined curriculum at the prescribed pace in order to present all the information necessary to the students in a logical, practical, and concise manner.
- Unwavering commitment to professionalism.
- Computer access and literacy.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must maintain ethical boundaries and follow CRSMT Instructor Guidelines and Policies.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, a professional demeanor, and an ability to bring a sense of excitement to the classroom.
- Proven and strong leadership abilities. The instructor must be able to create and hold a safe, professional, and inspirational space in the classroom.
- Experience with international travel with the ability to be comfortable and appropriate within different cultures. Spanish language skills are helpful, but not needed.
- Ability to prepare in advance and participate in web-based faculty training prior to participation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Availability to repeat for at least one class per year is required.
- Appreciation for the unpredictable nature of teaching in an outdoor tropical environment and of the technological challenges of working in a second world country.
If you are interested in a teaching position at the Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy, please complete the following information, and upload a current resume including a professional cover letter addressed to Tess McGrath, Director of Operations.