Application Instructions for Return to Practice (RTP) Program
Please review the application instructions below carefully before beginning an application.
GENERAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
All applicants will need to submit the following documents:
- Completed online application
- Passport Copy
- 1 Passport sized photo
- Occupational health requirements* (see below)
- Proof of health insurance (copy of health insurance / coverage in the UAE)
- Basic Life Support Certification
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- DOH Approval Certificate or Screenshot of Approved DOH Application with RTP Program Duration
- Letter of Intent
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (from section head or supervisor from previous place of employment)
Applicants will specify their preferred practice areas on their application form, anticipated dates of gap of practice program and duration of gap of practice training program. Applicant profiles will be reviewed by the Department of Pharmacy Services and priority will be given based on the below criteria and slot availability:
- UAE nationals
- Local university/school affiliations (if applicable)
- UAE based graduates
- Merit based criteria (GPA , grades, letter of recommendation)
- Candidates with a gap of practice requiring at least 6 months of training
Applicants meeting the above matching criteria will be interviewed by the department prior to being accepted into the Pharmacy Gap of Practice Program.
Occupational Health Requirements*
Once you have submitted your application and if selected for an interview, you will be required to provide a health clearance documents. This will be sent to you in an email from the CCAD Academic Office.
- All INCOMPLETE and submitted applications will be automatically deleted from our system. Please take time in filling up the form and uploading the required documents.
- RTP program candidates are not employed by the organization in which they are placed
- RTP program candidates do not receive any financial support, worker's compensation, housing, insurance coverage, or other compensation from the organization in which they are placed
- RTP program candidates should follow all bylaws, procedures, and policies implemented at their respective organization, according to placement.
- The organization will confirm with DOH when RTP program candidates have satisfactorily completed the requirements
- The organization is not responsible for licensing decisions made by DOH after the completion of the RTP program.
- The organization is not obligated to employ candidates who successfully complete the RTP program. Employment may also be dependent on availability and suitability of positions.