ACS Kids Zone Attendee Acknowledgment
The American Chemical Society (ACS) has put in place preventative measures to address concerns relative to the spread of COVID-19. Nevertheless, ACS cannot guarantee that its attendees, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19 or its variant strains. For those unvaccinated and participating in indoor events held or sponsored by the American Chemical Society (“ACS”), “physical distancing” must be practiced and face coverings worn in accordance with the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and any state governmental requirements and guidelines, as applicable, to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19.
Attending the ACS Kids Zone Event: In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not attend. By attending the ACS Kids Zone, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently or within the past ten (10) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
- Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days from any region or area that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
Event Safety: Attendees should become familiar with the Attendee Safety Plan as well as the Fleet Science Center guidelies prior to attending this event. ACS may change its practices to account for changes in government health-related COVID-19 directives.
Attendee Safety: In light of events surrounding the COVID-19, this is an appropriate time to remind ourselves of the risks incident to participating in the ACS Kids Zone. Even with every reasonable precaution to keep you safe as outlined for you by the CDC, federal, state, and local governments and health departments, ACS cannot fully eliminate all risks of harm to attendees or guarantee their safety, especially from risks posed by COVID-19 or its variant strains.
- Masks must be worn by all particpants and volunteers regardless of vaccination status
- According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), a fully vaccinated person is anyone having received the second dose of Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine and two weeks have transpired since the last dose.
- It is INADVISABLE for anyone to:
- attend if you are: a) unvaccinated and have COVID-19 underlying medical risk factors, b) having symptoms or signs of sickness or having been in recent contact with known positives COVID-19 cases, or c) testing positive for COVID-19 or any of its variant strains within the last 10 days;
- travel until fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated travelers should still follow the CDC's recommendations for traveling safely); and/or
- travel without first determining all of the requirements necessary for lawfully and safely traveling to ACS Kids Zone and within the United States, particularly when unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Photo Release and Consent: I give my permission for me and my registered student(s) and fellow guardian(s), to be photographed and/or videotaped by the media and representatives of the American Chemical Society in conjunction with the ACS Kids Zone event. I hereby transfer to the American Chemical Society all copyright and other interests in photographs and/or video taken. I also hereby grant royalty-free permission, including nonexclusive world rights in all languages, to reproduce in all formats including but not limited to print, electronic, and/or CD-ROM, to reproduce and include my and my registered student's or students' and my registered fellow guardian's or guardians' likeness(es) for promotional purposes of ACS outreach programs.