Barnard Consulting Bootcamp in partnership with McKinsey & Company is a 1 day program designed by McKinsey specifically for women at Barnard with a range of diverse backgrounds, academic majors and work experiences. Absolutely no prior experience in consulting or business is required- only curiosity and an interest in solving public, private and social sector problems.
The Barnard Consulting Bootcamp will:
1. Introduce you to management consulting both broadly as a career and specifically in your first few years of consulting - what do you really do on a daily basis?
2. Help you develop a profound understanding of your passions (what gives you real meaning?) and how consulting or other careers could give you an opportunity to pursue them.
3. Help you identify your strengths and how you can build on them to be successful in your first full time job - in consulting or elsewhere.
4. Help you prepare for consulting interviews- in particular the case interview format with coaching, tips and a practice case.
5. Give you an opportunity to meet Barnard alumnae currently working at McKinsey who are excited to meet you!
6. This program draws on materials that McKinsey currently uses with recent college grads joining McKinsey, as well as McKinsey's "Centered Leadership" program which incorporates recent research on happiness, meaning and wellbeing.